Ukulele Submission – Step 3 – Finished Song – Donkey Riding

1. What is the key of your tune? Time Signature?

The key of my tune was in C major and it was in 2/4.

2. What sort of rhythms are used in your song? How were they used musically?

I used eighth and sixteenth notes. The eighth notes helped push the music and the sixteen notes helped push the music even faster.

3. Discuss your note accuracy and rhythm accuracy in regards to inputting the strumming and melodic playing…

My note accuracy was not accurate at first because I had trouble reading the notes but after attending a couple of zoom sessions with Mr.Otoole I now know almost all the notes.

4. How did you decide your tempo to match your song and style? Did the context of the song change because of this?

The tempo I used was 100 because that was the tempo that Mr. OToole used in the explanation so I thought it would be a good idea. The context of the song changed a little bit because if the song was too fast it would not be a good fit for donkey riding as the pace was only lively but not very fast.

5. What skills did you acquire with your use of Garageband? Trimming, Cutting, pasting, metronome, etc… How did you use these skills throughout the assignment?

Throughout this task, I am now way more confident with Garageband as at the start of this unit I did not know anything about Garageband but now I know a variety of skills on Garageband, for example, trimming the tracks, pasting different sounds around, cutting the length of the chord so it fits with the music and using the metronome to fit with the music.

6. Discuss any challenges you had to overcome for this assignment!

At first, I had some challenges with the audio and the audio was not playing. I also did not know how to cut the music but I figured it out after asking someone. The biggest challenge I faced was not being able to read the notes.