HWOO (How We Organise Ourselves)

On the start of November, we started a new unit called How we Organise Ourselves. The central idea was: “Being organised empowers us to take action more effectively.”. The way an organization empowers itself effectively is by having leaders and lots of workers.

The reason why companies/organisations need to be organised is because not everyone can lead a company. People may have different perspectives of things and there may be many arguments. Workers also can have different opinions. Many people have different opinions of things, so the leader can decide what to do.

We learned all the leaders that you could be: Visionaries, Doers, Reasoners and bridge builders. Out of all the leaders I could have been, I chose that I would be a bridge-builder. A build bridger’s talents are having compassion, having communication skills, oratory skills and listening skills. The task of bridge builders is that they have to hold team meetings, give pep talks, manage things, and get people to calm down and get people to meditate.

We got a piece of paper, there were a bunch of gifts on there such as being a good listener, having physical strength, bilingual, being a good writer, a speaker, outgoing, athletic, musical, and artistic. Out of all of those gifts, I think I am a good listener and a good writer. I think I’m a good listener because I think I can help my friends through difficult times. I think I am a good writer because I can hurriedly draft/write letters to people (Especially on computers!).

The way an organisation’s form empowers it to function properly is that an organisation can have good people (There are executives, board of directors, etc). They can also have people that have the most/good experienced workers. The way the company decides decisions, is by having the executives and the board of directors decide decisions. The good people can make the company/Organisation function really well. We have been recently working on something called TwoPresents. TwoPresents is an organisation that connects with many different charities. They ask people to contribute by giving gifts for many different charities. Their mission is to reduce plastic waste.

My group for TwoPresents is the Hong Kong Adventist Hospital. We organised by starting with a plan of a board game Then we tried it on google drawings. The person from TwoPresents said our game was a very creative board game. I think it will be effective because it will make patients that are in the hospital less bored. It might also be able to reduce stress, and get your mind off of being scared (if you are). The people who are contributing are the TwoPresents people, and students. I think our group is good and we have done a successful job of contributing to TwoPresents.

One thought on “HWOO (How We Organise Ourselves)

• December 13, 2017 at 8:03 am
    Permalink

You’re good. This is fun to read!