Refugee Simulator

On October 27, we had to do a refugee simulation. At first, I felt confused. I was confused because they gave us a piece of paper to fill out. The words on the paper were greek. Later, we found out that the paper the teachers gave us was a health form. We didn’t know what to do, so we just put no no no no no no no, and of course we did it wrong.

Later when we got in, they gave us pieces of paper. They showed us a sample of paper bags. So we tried to figure out how to make it, and we made good quality ones so we got +10 and +2 dollars!

The things that made the biggest impact was figuring out how to make the paper bags by ourselves. The impact was was that it kind of wasted our time figuring out how to make them. Another thing was that we had to use our money wisely. People got diseases like infections. If we didn’t buy a cure for them, they would die. We also needed food, and basic needs.

During this, I felt nervous, dizzy, sleepy and excited. I was dizzy because if it’s really loud I get dizzy. I felt nervous because I had a disease and I thought I was gonna die (Not literally die, just sit out).

Once, we had 16 dollars. It is the most we’ve earned. At the end, we had 8 dollars. We used our money to cure diseases.

We did something similar to last year, and we were the poorest people. I enjoyed this and i wanna do it again, but I just want to make it quieter.