Treasure Island (Camp)

On Wednesday, Grade 4 went to treasure island for camp. We stayed there for 3 days (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). I was put into group 2, and we did many different activities.

The thing I enjoyed the most was the rope course. The rope course is where you have to blindfold yourself and hold onto the rope and try to get your whole team to the finish line. There was trees in the way so it made it more interesting. I like that the most because it is like dialogue in the dark. I also enjoyed it because you don’t know where you are going and it is a bit like a mystery.

I experienced many things for the first time but I liked surfing. I have never done surfing before and I thought that it was very fun.

I will remember making smores the most because I like eating food. It is also my first time making smores!

The thing I found most challenging was the raft building. I think it was the most challenging because you have a short amount of time to plan and build. We only had a certain amount of materials. Everyone had 4 bamboo sticks, 4 short ropes and 2 long ropes, and 4 tires. Our raft broke when we went to ride it, so instead of riding it we pushed it. At the end you have to pile it up to match what it looked like when we first got there.
From camp, I learned how to set up my own tent. I also learned how to take care of myself when I am away from my family. I enjoyed being at camp.

One thought on “Treasure Island (Camp)

• May 6, 2017 at 8:50 am
    Permalink

Lovely! Happy that you enjoyed it!