Addition Strategy

The way I solve addition problems is using Base 10 Blocks. A lot of people use this strategy but I think this is the most helpful other than the standard strategy. The equation I chose to answer was 49+64. First I started drawing 49, so I drew 4 of the 10 blocks and 9 of the ones blocks. That equals 49. Now i’m gonna do 69, so I put 6 of the 10 blocks and 4 of the ones blocks. That equals 64. Next, I add them together and it equals 113. If you need to check if 113 was the right answer,  you can do 113-64 which equals 49. And you can do the same with 49, like 113-49=64. Then that means that your answer is correct.

I enjoy using this strategy and I think it is the 2nd fastest way of solving addition problems.

2 thoughts on “Addition Strategy

• November 18, 2016 at 8:23 am
    Permalink

I like the way you explained your strategy, but I don’t really understand the part where you said ” I think this is the more helpful other than the standard strategy. “, but then also told us how to check your answer, which is good.

• November 18, 2016 at 7:50 am
    Permalink

i like how you use base ten blocks because I also think that base ten blocks are easy and useful to use.