This song is called “Lie to Me” by 5 Seconds of Summer and I chose it for this music summative. Here’s my work:

1. How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? 
    I kept the lyrics the same as the original instead of the lyrics from ukutabs because I felt that without the modification it would sound better. I also kept the same notes as the original without changing the key or octave.
  2. How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions?
    The original song was more “heavy” or “full” compared to mine because when I recorded my instruments and singing I kept it very mellow as I didn’t want my song to be so loud. Also because the original had other sound effects and instruments it sounded different. I also felt that the mellow vibe was a bit more appealing to my ear.
  3. Ukulele Skills (if you did this yourself)
    I think my ukulele skills improved a lot after this because I had to play on the beat and even then, occasionally it sounded off. I also improved my island strum after practicing and practicing and re-recording all the time.
  4. GarageBand editing – digital instrument, drum use… 
    I think my GarageBand editing has definitely improved although it could still be better because the outcome of the song was a little choppy. For digital instruments I used the guitar (bass), and drums and I recorded piano and the ukulele in person.
  5. Time management for your project… 
    I think my time was managed well because I finished before the due date and had time to fix things I needed too, it wasn’t last minute or too rushed. I think I kept my pace well and did enough work for each class.
  6. Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) 
    I kept my time management well by doing as much work as I could in one class and then 15 minutes extra outside of class each time to efficiently get my work done. I handed everything on time without any casualties.