The attached PDF file is a research we did on BrainPop. The topic is on puberty, adolescence, growth and hormones. We sorted out and presented our information through a lotus diagram. I actually learned a lot on this task, but I still think it’s kind of discussing to talk as well as learn about it.
The link bellow is my HWOO unit reflection. This unit is about governance and I learned how the different system of governance works and the affections on different organisations and individuals in the society. This unit is BORING, but I learnt a lot.
Click here to see my unit reflection
For the past week, we conducted a survey on different advertisements to see which ones were the most persuasive. We formed groups and each group needed to have a few advertisements on a brand, product or idea. For our group we chose the chocolate brand Lindt Lindor. We had 5 different Lindt advertisements for people to choose. Our results shown that the Simply Irresistible (ad. 4) was the most persuasive because of the layout, color contrast and idea were of high-quality. After the surveys, we needed to use Pages to present our group’s and my find-outs through the advertisement survey.
Here is my PDF version on my findings:
Below is my reflection of this unit. This unit is about communication and our central idea is “Communication in it’s many forms facilitates connections.” The communication unit is ending THIS WEEK. In this unit, I learn about the different forms of communications, how to overcome the barriers on each type of communication, the connections made when communicating and the purpose as well as knowing the audience when communicating.
Please click here to see my unit reflection!
We did an activity in class on building blocks. In this game, we learned about the different ways to communicate as well as the barriers on communication through building blocks. We had different roles and forms of communication, afterwards we did a small reflection about each round. In this game, our group found out that oral language and hand gestures were the easiest way to communicate. It maybe because that we use them in our every-day life. The hardest was drawing the blocks out on paper.
On Thursday, we conducted our final experiment for the unit, it is also one part of our summative assessment. It was an improved version of the previous “Parachute Experiment”. In this improved version, we tried to make sure it’s a fair test and with less human errors. Our variable was the style of the parachute, (double parachute, parachute , parachute with a hole and a normal one). Through this experiment our group discovered that the normal parachute was the best style of parachute. We also had to write our own conclusion. This is because we’d previously learned about writing a successful conclusion.
This is my fabric parachute experiment. It shows the complete process of a scientific experiment as well as the results of my experiment. The experiment was very successful, we had a fantastic time on experimenting. We found out light materials like paper and plastic bag is the best material for the parachute, the worst material for a parachute is 100% cotton.
Please click here for my experiment.