Design,Home Sweet Home!,Language and Literature,MYP

Design and Language A

10 Oct , 2015  

Today, we had our first ever Design Day in grade 7. It’s a completely new thing to me. Our first design unit was connected to language A, where we need to create a logo that could represent each individual (personal identity).

We learnt about the Design Cycle in the MYP, the Pen Tool in Adobe Illustrator, some of the basics of logo creation, etc. Designing something has a certain process (inquiry and analysing, developing ideas, creating a solution and evaluating) that should be followed, we need to go through each step to ensure we are successful. Design takes up patience, because you need to experiment with different things and also face unexpected problems that needs to be solved. An effective logo should be timeless, simple and easy to remember.  I collaborated with my friends and sought help from some of the teachers and my friends. I think that it’s a better way to learn by having someone demonstrating and explaining it to me, then I experiment and do it myself.

I thought that I was a great communicator and also a thinker today. When I was having trouble doing the exercises, I first tried to think and experiment around to see how I could connect the curved lines. When I still couldn’t figure it out, I asked my friend to help me out and teach me how to do it.

Here are 2 of my exercises using the pen tool:

Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 2.02.35 pm     Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 2.34.13 pm