As you may know, the grade 6 has the ISTA Festival (Please view previous blog post for more information about the organization)  and today is the 2nd day!!! Today was far better than yesterday. First, in our ensembles, we brainstormed ideas about superheroes and practice transforming our ideas into skits and acts. We also thought about this sentence “If someone did_____________ (for me), they would be my superhero.” I wrote that if someone stood up for me and someone helped me out when I was struggling really badly, that person would definitely be my hero. We also played a few different games like yesterday and I enjoyed it as well.

In the afternoon, we had different workshop activities(e.g. Juggling, Stage Fighting, Movement and Music, Revolution, Story telling and Singing). I participated in the Juggling and the Movement and Music one. It was a FASCINATING experience, the ISTA artists were hilarious, and I learnt how to spin plates, creating different movements and dances with chairs in groups (with different students from different classes in the grade) and changing our movements somehow to match the mood of the music. (e.g. Latin, Ballet and Country)

Tomorrow, we are going to perform on stage and showing  what we’ve achieved/learnt for the past few few days to our parents, teachers and other students. We are also going to get our very own ISTA T-shirts! I am so excited, I can’t wait!

1340284400           images-2