Hong Kong Heritage Documentary- Tin Hau Temple

EVALUATION OF MY DOCUMENTARY

I think that my documentary meets the project specifications well, however I don’t think that the movie answers the question “Is the built environment an important part of culture” very well. I think that our storyline partially answered the question, but we could have gone deeper into that concept. Something I think we did well that meets the project expectations is giving information about the site in the present and the past. For example, when we did a voiceover about the Tin Hau Goddess, and interviewing a worker on what the site is used for now.  I think that some improvements we could make to our movie is the audio because there were some construction and people talking in the background noise. Another improvement we could make to our documentary is to not look at the camera, instead, we should face each other more when we are talking to each other to make our documentary more realistic. 

PERSONAL PERFORMANCE REFLECTION

I think that my attitude towards the making of our documentary was good because I always participated and contributed my ideas to my group members. I also communicated with my group members on new elements for our documentary such as our voiceover because our documentary lacked some background information. I also think that my time management was very good because I was able to submit the documentary on time (before Tuesday), and I also met everything that I needed to in my action plan. I also think that my time management was good on design day because we had to make sure we were able to record all the footage we had to before it was time to leave, but making sure it was good quality. Sometimes we had to rush, or else we wouldn’t finish in time, so some clips were not as good quality as we thought.

APPROACHES TO LEARNING PROGRESSION

Participation- 5/8

I think that I have progressed a little bit more throughout this project with sharing my ideas and giving feedback with my group members. Every time I finished a task on the documentary, I asked my group members for feedback and what/how I could improve.

Collaborating/Communicating: 6/8

I think that I have really improved on collaborating during this project. I have started to work and talk with my group members more, instead of all of us just doing our individual tasks and not communicating to each other. I think that we all worked together, and we all had an equal share of work in our documentary.

Making an effort- 5/8

I think that I put in good effort during the filming of this documentary when we were a little bit behind. I made an effort so that we could catch up to the other groups, but still have a good quality and effective documentary.

Time Management- 6/8

I think that I did well in time management during the making of our documentary because nothing was handed in late or last minute, and I left myself time to carefully go over my work for mistakes instead of rushing to do it.