Ternary Composition Final

by Michael on February 24, 2017

Michael_Fok_24BarTernaryComposition

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

liamotoole March 3, 2017 at 8:01 am

Just missing the key centres and your final reflection?

Ricky February 24, 2017 at 8:16 am

I really liked the alberti bass in the B section, it gave it some contrast to the A section. The melody is very memorable, and it sound very good with the conjunct and disjunct motion.

Thomas Willemyns February 24, 2017 at 8:16 am

-Nice change with the piano in the B section
-Seems a bit choppy, need to work on flow
-Nice use of dynamics, maybe need to work on slurs

063755 February 24, 2017 at 8:16 am

I like the Section A melody very much, but I feel like the melody in Section B doesn’t flow very well, the rhythm is kind of repetitive. The idea of changing the Section A melody down an octave was a good, as it reinforces the original melody, but gives it a twist.

053487 February 24, 2017 at 8:16 am

Your melody has 3 distinct section and you have linked the A section and B section nicely. There are a variation of disjunct/conjunct motion, dynamics and articulation which makes your piece sound interesting, good job!

Natalie February 24, 2017 at 8:16 am

I really love your B section melody. I think that it sounds very unique. I also like the rit. at the end of the piece.

Tiffany Tsui February 24, 2017 at 8:15 am

The composition was very distinct and had a significant difference between both phrases, such as the use of syncopation. However, I feel that your B section was not connected and stopped the flow by ending in quarter notes, and the thermata used at the end stopped the flow.

Mikayla February 24, 2017 at 8:15 am

I like your theme, but there isn’t much variation to your piece. I like your lower piano section because it fits the rest of your piece.

063773 February 24, 2017 at 8:15 am

I think in the middle part of the repetition of the first bar I think you should not make a sudden change from high notes to low notes(This makes the piece sound from relaxing to a forceful repetition.)

Jodi Lee February 24, 2017 at 8:15 am

I think your composition sounds pleasant to hear, especially the Alberti bass used in section B. Very steady and good job!

Jonax February 24, 2017 at 8:14 am

I really liked how you had a lot of variation in your left hand for the piano. I also liked how your melody connected between the sections. I think your B melody could have some more variation in notes.

110075 February 24, 2017 at 8:14 am

The transition from A to B sounds a little bit weird but nontheless it sounds great
-Good chords and use of left hand side, it really stands out
-Nice use of dynamics and changing in pace

Good work.