The ASA programme provides positive experiences to enrich and extend the school curriculum and to offer extra curricula opportunities for our students.
To inspire excellence, cultivate character, and empower engagement locally and globally.
How to Register
* REGISTRATION FOR SESSION 1 2019 IS NOW OPEN
- CDNIS and NON CDNIS families may register online via the new CDNIS Online ASA Registration System
- Payment is non-refundable
- CDNIS parents may log in using their Veracross username and password; If you require assistance with your password, please click on the ‘forgot your password’ link on the programme registration page or email email@example.com
- NON CDNIS parents are required to create a new account; once your account is created, you will receive a confirmation email with your new username and a link to log in to start the registration process
- Payment: The Online Registration System only accepts online credit card payment- NO AMEX; payment must be received at the time of enrollment in order to secure your child’s ASA; CDNIS students receive a 10% discount off listed prices
- For additional information or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 2525 7088
Cancellation & Make up Lessons
- If an after school activity is cancelled due to teacher illness, parents will be notified and a refund will be issued in such cases
- No make up lessons available with the exception of private lessons
- No refund or credit will be issued for students absent from an after school activity for any reason
- No refund or credit will be issued for cancelled lessons due to inclement weather, excessive AQHI levels and closures by the EDB/HKSAR
- School closures are communicated via the main school website and mobile app.
Students/families who need to make a change caused by an in school activity or event will not be charged the administration fee of $1000. Any changes made for personal reasons or reasons that are caused by factors outside of CDNIS will result in a $1000 fee. At all times the ASA department endeavour to be reasonable with this policy and common sense will always prevail.
In the case of a medical emergency your child will be transported to the nearest public hospital (Queen Mary) by ambulance. In such cases parents will be notified. We remind students not to share food with others due to unknown food allergies.
Please contact Please contact Kwoon Chung at 2979 8798 or via email email@example.com to find the appropriate after school bus for your child. Buses are available at 4:10, 4:20, 5:10 and 5:20. Please note that the 5:10 and 5:20 bus routes have limited service. Please inform Kwoon Chung Motors if your child will enrol in an ASA.
For the first 2 weeks of ASAs students should go the 9/F playground to meet the Service Provider before going to the bus; Thereafter they can go straight to the 7/F to get on the bus. The provider has an adult escort on the bus to assist the students.
CDNIS staff will supervise students from 2:30-4pm during periods before or after lessons and ensure students catch the 4:10pm or 4:20pm bus. This supervision is available only for students who are participating in CDNIS ASAs.
Students in Pre Rec and Reception who wish to join an after school activity MUST be picked up by their parent or caregiver at the end of the school day on the 9/F playground and escorted to their activity. The responsible adult MUST remain on site during the activity and ensure the child is escorted home. Pre Rec students may only enrol in swimming in Session 1 and Session 2.
Supervision Procedures: ASAs commencing at 2:30pm
- From Week 3, Grades 3-4 can move directly to their ASA after school if they know where they are going. If they are unsure they should go to 9th Floor Playground before 2.30pm
- Pre K – Grade 2 should always go to 9th Floor Playground
- Prep and Grade 2 students attending an ASA will gather on the 9/F playground at the end of school to meet their instructors. Instructors will then escort students to their activity
- If it is raining the ASA Meeting Point will be the 8/F Study Area
ASAs commencing at any time other than 2:30pm
- All students Grade 4 and below will go to the ASA Meeting Point (9/F playground if dry and 8/F corridor if wet) – CDNIS Activities Department staff/Service Providers will escort students to the Supervision Room, (8/F study area)
- CDNIS Activities Department staff/Service Providers will escort students to their 3:15pm or 4:00pm activity
At the completion of ASAs
- Service Provider Instructors of activities that finish BEFORE 4:00pm are required to escort the students to the Supervision Room or 9/F for pick up
- Service Provider Instructors of activities that finish AT 4:00pm you are required to escort the students to the 7/F Bus Pick Up area or 9/F lobby for parent/helper pick up
- At no time should Service Providers leave CDNIS before ensuring students are picked up, on buses or under CDNIS staff supervision. ASA supervision is from 2:30-4:00
- If a student is not picked up by parent by 4:00pm and is not taking the school bus the student will be escorted to the 9/F office
Collection of Students at the completion of ASAs
- CDNIS Activities Department Staff and /or Service Providers will escort students from activities back to the Supervision Room if the activity finishes prior to 4:00pm
- Service Providers/ASA Staff will escort students to the bus (7/F) and main lobby (9/F) for all activities that finish at 4pm or later
Students unsupervised after school
Students remaining at school and waiting for their activity to start are required to be in one of the following areas: 1) ASA Supervision Room: 8/F study area (every weekday) 2) 6/F Cafeteria: For students in Grade 5 or above who have appropriate work
Inclement Weather; ASA weather policy
If the Lightening, Thunderstorm, Amber Storm Warning, Typhoon #1 – #3 is in force, activities still continue; ASA providers will ensure the activity continues safely with possible modifications to the programme
Before 7am on a school day or on a weekend if Red or Black Storm Warning is in force, the ASA programme is cancelled
During a school day, if at 12pm, the Black Rain or Typhoon 8 signal is in place, all ASA’s* will be cancelled; If at 2pm a Red Storm Warning is in place, all ASA’s* will be cancelled
Students will be supervised at school until it is safe to leave on the school buses/private transport
During a school day, if a Typhoon #8 Signal is raised or is likely then activities will be cancelled and students will leave on the school buses/private transport
All announcements and decisions will be immediately communicated via the CDNIS Website and the CDNIS App
- In the event of excessive AQHI levels, CDNIS reserves the right to move all outdoor activities to a supervised indoor location.
- No refund or credit will be issued for cancelled lessons due to inclement weather or excessive AQHI level