Summer: Sleeping in! Playing outside! Popsicles! Beach! Time with family and friends! And lots of time to READ! Make sure you have print books and e-books around this summer, whether you need to kill time in an airport or lose yourself in a great book on the beach. What an opportunity to have so much time to read whatever you want! Woo hoo!!!
But…what to read?? If you’re having trouble finding a book, ask friends and family – recommendations are a great way to discover great reads! Go to your local library and bookstores and enjoy browsing the shelves – you’re bound to find a bunch of great books!
Here are some other ideas:
- OverDrive -ebooks available all summer long. See this post and this post for more info.
- Ms. Eves (librarian in the Primary Library) has a fantastic page of links to book lists from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and more.
- Biblionasium – see what others are reading. (*Login required.)
- NoveList and Destiny Quest: find Read-a-Likes. Read this post for more information about those 2 excellent resources. (*Login required for NoveList.)
- NY Times Bestsellers Lists – see what’s popular. Changes every week.
Enjoy your summer and enjoy your SUMMER READING!