Gr.5 Minecraft Club Begins!

by alonicahusac on March 19, 2012

Last week we rearranged room 806 to have our very first Minecraft Club meeting. We brought our computers and played a little bit of single player before the meeting began, but then we got comfortable on the couches to watch some videos from kids in other Minecraft clubs. We also introduced ourselves and shared our experiences with Minecraft and reasons for joining the club. This took quite some time! Then we set out our goals and essential agreements. With students from 5A, 5B, 5C, 5D and 5E we learned that we have a large variety of skill level and expertise with Minecraft. One thing we all have in common is a lot of enthusiasm and commitment to this club.

I went home for the weekend and became a player! I spend about 10 hours in total figuring out the basics of single player Minecraft survival. All I can say now is, I’m hooked! I can’t wait to start building things together as a club. Let the fun begin!

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

1 Jennifer Fenton March 19, 2012 at 8:43 am

I am so happy to see that you have formed a Minecraft club! I hope there is some extra room so that I may join you and learn about this programme with you. I’ve watched my children and students create the most amazing worlds and look forward to seeing what your creations!

Reply