–April 19: G3 Parent Information Night (6-7pm)
– May 10-12: Camp
Important Forms and Information for Parents:
Until we receive the updated brochure, here is the summary of activities from last year’s planned G3 camp (you will note that this year’s dates are different)
Getting ready to go! Is your child worried about camp?
Here are some helpful tips to help get ready for our big adventure together:
- Modelling a positive attitude towards camp is huge! It is great for your child to see how excited you are about the opportunity.
- Start getting the little things prepared. Make a checklist that can be tackled over the next few weeks.
- Go shopping! Go together to buy a new hat or pair of pyjamas that are just for camp, something that your child will enjoy picking out.
- The company is Asia Pacific Adventures and the location will be in Tai Po. You could research a little together and show some exciting photos.
- Make a little care package for your child that he/she will get to open there, with a letter from Mom and Dad.
- Start a journal that s/he can write down any worries and strategies to get over them.
- Try a two-night sleepover, with a friend or family member.
- Let your child know that a lot more information will be sent home in March. There will also be a parent session with more details coming up.
- Positive self-talk – learning how you talk to yourself in a supportive way, because feeling good is always worth the effort!