Thank you for subscribing to my website, as we are closing this academic year and getting ready for the new school term, I recommend you unsubscribe from my website so that you won’t receive updates intended for next year’s class. I highly recommend you subscribe to your child’s new teachers’ sites next year.
- Step 1: Look at the bottom of email updates that you get from your class blog and click on the UNSUBSCRIBE NOW link.
- Step 2: Then it will open your internet browser and you will see a message from Feed Burner. Click on the button that says: Yes, unsubscribe me now
- Step 3: Then you will see a confirmation message that means you are done with the process and you won’t receive any more update notification from this website.
Twitter – @CDNIS2A
Attention all Parents!
Did you . . .
volunteer as a class parent?
chaperone a field trip this year?
help with reading and/or math groups?
work on the Making It Happen concert costumes?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you are invited to the 2AWESOME PARENT APPRECIATION PARTY
WHEN: Tuesday, June 12, 8:00 AM – 8:40 AM
WHERE: Room 1320
This Week In Review
- Writing focus: Writing an original fairy tale using writer’s workshop writing process.
- Read-Aloud: Harry Potter and Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – Harry is loving being a Hogwart’s School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Math Party – successful execution of math party.
- Review of all skills.
UOI – Sharing the Planet
- Exploration of Central Idea.
- Plant and seed reflection.
- Trip to Aberdeen Park.
Thank you to all the parents who joined us for our two kilometer hike through Aberdeen Country Park on Tuesday morning. It was a lovely walk and students observed the importance of sharing our planet with creatures great and small.
Over the holidays I would recommend playing and lots of adventures for your child over the summer. However, an hour of work each day would be a beneficial routine to get into.
- Reading – every day for 20 minutes or more. This can be shared reading, your child reading alone or reading too your child.
- Mathletics – this is a great resource, that the children will be able to play on and help further their learning over the summer.
- Raz-kids – this resource will still be available for your child for the Summer.
- Primary Library website – access to games and resources.
- Brittanica – a fantastic learning tool for you and your children to enjoy together at home.
- Math Workbook – your child will come home with their math workbook that they are working on in class. I would recommend buying another math workbook over the Summer. The class have LOVED their workbooks. Kumon produce good workbooks that you can buy from any good commercial bookshop. I would recommend 1-2 pages a day.
- Writing – write a journal with photos of their holidays. Here are some writing prompts that you can use. http://thewritesource.com/writing_topics/more_topics/#away
Next Week But No Beyond . . .
- Tuesday, June 12 – Parent Appreciation Party, 8:00 AM – 8:40 AM
- Wednesday, June 13 – Lower School Transition Event, 8:00 AM – 9:20 AM
- Wednesday, June 13 – Assembly, 10:55 AM – 11:30 AM (period 5) in the Forum
A sincere thank you for all the support over the past few months. It has been a pleasure and a honour teaching your children who I know will all go on to great success in Grade 3 and beyond! Have a safe and a happy summer.
All the best, Karen