Please see below a message from The Lower School Principal, Mr. Dylan Hughes, regarding the upcoming Student Led Learning Reviews (SLLR).
Dear Prep-Grade 6 Parents,
Our student-centered reporting cycle continues with the Student Led Learning Reviews (SLLR) on 18 April for Prep to Grade 6 and 18-19 April For Pre Reception and Reception. Normal school and class schedules will be suspended. Students from Pre Reception – Grade 6 classes will only attend school on the day specifically to complete the SLLR and must wear their school uniform for the appointment.
The purpose of the SLLR is to fully engage the student in his or her own learning. It is the intention of the SLLR that the student is to:
• Take responsibility for sharing their learning and progress across the transdisciplinary programme
• Share information about personal, social and academic development
• Discuss where they are as a learner at this time and identify their strengths and needs
• Share where they are in their journey towards developing the skills of a lifelong learner
• Share how they demonstrate the attributes of the Learner Profile and Attitudes
• Develop effective communication skills
Please find attached more information about the SLLR including the appointment making process. Parents with more than one child in the Lower School can begin making appointments on Monday 12 March. All other parents can begin making appointments on Wednesday 14 March.
Please note all students and their parent(s) must take part in the SLLR. We kindly ask you to arrange your busy schedules accordingly to be present and support your child’s learning by playing a key role on this day.
Lower School, Principal