It’s hard to believe that Grade 2 is almost at an end! The students have come so far and grown so much this year – it is going to be hard to say goodbye.
Next week we will be wrapping up our learning and the school year. We have some fun things planned to enjoy the last few days together.
- Wednesday – we will have an ‘Active Afternoon.’ All of the Grade 2 students will be involved in various physical activities in the gym and in the swimming pool. Students will need to bring their swimming things and bags. (There will be no swimming lesson on Monday)
- Thursday is our Class Party. We will be trying something new and having a ‘End of Year Breakfast’. The students can wear their pj’s to school and also bring along a teddy bear or stuffie. The students can also bring their PE uniforms to change into afterwards.
- Friday is a half day. Students will be dismissed at 11:00. Those on the buses will be treated to the CDNIS good-bye wave.
As a class, we have brainstormed a few other things we’d like to do as a class.
- a dance party
- watching a movie together
- playing team games in the Gym
- playing on the 9th floor playground
- free time on iPads
- Authoring time
We’ll be doing these over the course of the week.
As we will be packing up the classroom and taking everything home – students will need to bring a strong and sturdy bag in on Tuesday to bring exercise books and folders home.
I look forward to seeing everyone at some stage next week!