08/06/2017 - karenkee
G6 MSL Year End Notes
Congratulations to all of you who have graduated from the PYP, lower school. I wish you all another smooth and fruitful journey ahead as you commence your MYP in Grade 7.
If you are starting to prepare for your learning ahead, there are a few suggestions for revision (as requested by some of you):
1. Review PYP Chinese learned contents, using the following resources:
a. G6 MSL PYP Review Booklet (already distributed)
- Review the literacy knowledge for further enhancement: Pinyin, Structures, Radicals, Phrases, Sentence patterns.
- Practice to answer the questions set on p. 19~23
b. Language B Quizlet study sets (link)
- You may create an account of your own and make copies of the sets to keep for your own learning and reference.
- modify the quizlet contents for revision and practice, e.g.:
- Chinese word – Pinyin+English meaning
- Chinese word – a sentence
2. Writing (by hand-writing or typing on google doc) with learned phrases and sentence patterns.
a. G6 Study Guides (link)
- a. Make meaningful sentences with details
- b. Choose 3 to 4 of your preference phrases and sentence structures each time and write a short paragraph which is meaningful.
3. Reading practice
- Online accounts of the following website and APP which support the in-school reading program materials could be purchased based on individual needs and preferences at your own discretion.
a. WaWaYaYa (APP on tablets or mobile phones)
b. Mandarin Matrix