You’ve been asked in class to consider the following 14 social offenses and to rank each action in order of seriousness, giving reasons for your choices.
- Planning to trick someone
- Lying to parents
- Killing someone for revenge
- Advising someone to marry for money
- Two families having a feud
- Selling poison
- Killing someone by mistake while fighting
- Killing someone in self-defense
- Crashing a party
- Marrying against parents’ wishes
- Giving an obscene gesture
- Picking a fight
Please respond to ALL questions:
Which social offense did you decide to be the most serious? Why?
Which social offense warranted the least of your concern? Why?
Which of the above social offenses would you never participate in under any circumstances? Why?
Choose one of the social offenses that you think might be acceptable for you to do under certain circumstances, but not others. Explain when it is acceptable and when it is not.
Image Source: http://rscfriends.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/rom2411.jpg