Show Your Support! Sustain The Planet!

by Karen Carmen on March 26, 2011

This Earth Hour 2011: 8.30pm, Saturday 26 March, celebrate your action for the planet with the people of world, and add more to your Earth Hour.

From its inception as a single-city initiative — Sydney, Australia – in 2007, Earth Hour has grown into a global symbol of hope and movement for change. Earth Hour 2010 created history as the world’s largest ever voluntary action with people, businesses and governments in 128 countries across every continent coming together to celebrate an unambiguous commitment to the one thing that unites us all — the planet.

Sign up to earthhour.org, switch off your lights for Earth Hour 2011, and share the positive actions you will sustain for earth beyond the hour.

Thanks for the reminder, Chance!

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

extraT012 March 28, 2011 at 9:30 am

It was amazing seeing all the lights in Hong Kong turned off. It used to be very bright, but during the Earth Hour, it was quite dark. I would want to know how much electricity we have saved during the hour. I know it’s going to be A LOT!

Reply

ET9 March 28, 2011 at 9:23 am

When it was time for Earth Hour, my sister was watching T.V. and I turned it off 1 minute before Earth Hour started. I was lucky!

Reply

Rohaan March 28, 2011 at 9:21 am

Loved the video! It was really exciting and I had fun doing Earth Hour this year and I can’t wait until next year.

Reply

ET 13 March 28, 2011 at 9:16 am

During Earth Hour on March 26, 2011, I participated in the lights off hour and it was nice to see people around my building doing the same. It was fun!

Reply

ET7 March 28, 2011 at 8:41 am

Earth Hour was so fun! The rest of my family really didn’t care but eventually we turned off all of the lights. A lot of people did but a few decided to keep their lights on.

Reply

ET8 March 28, 2011 at 8:41 am

WoW! 128 countries, 4616 cites and towns that did it! :) I really enjoyed doing it! :) Because the family turns off all the lights for an hour and the whole entire house gets pitch black! Really enjoyed it! :)

Reply

ET25 March 28, 2011 at 8:28 am

I canʻt wait till It comes! Itʻs gonna be so exciting! :)

Reply

ET05 March 28, 2011 at 8:24 am

I am so thrilled that so many people joined in on Earth hour! I was watching a show at Earth Hour, but in that show, for that hour they only used candles. I wonder how many people actually took action together to celebrate Earth Hour in grade 5?

Reply

ET0016 March 28, 2011 at 8:18 am

On Saturday, I joined and switched off the lights for 1 hour. I found it a little hard, but we have saved the planet’s resources! :-)

Reply

et25 March 26, 2011 at 9:32 pm

I am totally gonna do that! :)

Reply