Dear Prep A Parents,

A new year is about to begin! I hope you’ve all had a fun-filled summer and are excited to start this year.

My name is Deborah Pih (Ms. Pih) and together with Mona Lee Cooper (Mrs. Cooper) we will be your child’s teachers this year.

Prep is a wonderful year where your child will grow and mature in many ways. We believe that each of your children are unique individuals. It is important to us that we get to know each of them well. A good rapport provides a great foundation upon which we can support their growth and set them up for successful learning and development. Mona and I will do our best to guide and challenge your child, in order to make their learning experience both meaningful and fun.

In addition to our rapport with your child, it is also important that we are able to work well with you as a team. Your involvement with your child’s learning and growth are very important. Together, I am sure we will be successful in meeting the needs of your child.

As some of you may already know, I am pregnant with my second child. I’ll start my maternity leave Christmas break and will return in late March 2018. During my absence, I’m delighted that Mrs. Soshima Safaya will be taking over. She is CDNIS’ most experienced teacher who has spent her career as a Prep teacher. I know you will be in very good hands while I am away.

My door is always open if you have any queries. I look forward to meeting many of you at the Open House this Friday, August 11th, 2017.

Thanks!
Deb