February 10, 2017
Today we celebrated 100 days of school with fun activities with each Prep teacher.
— Prep A (@PrepACdnis) February 10, 2017
We thought about the way we can move our bodies and watched some videos of “stick people”. Then created our own pipe cleaner people. Follow this link to see a video of our creations.
Some things we did this week:
- We continued with some experiments
- Made gummy bear slime
- Looked at how air pressure can make a foam rocket move
- Created our own cars using toilet paper rolls
- We went to watch the G6 practice their performance after spending just 3 days with the Young Americans. The kids were amazed by the ability of the G6 buddies.
- We enjoyed our second House Day!
Please join us on Thursday, Feb 16 from 8am -9:30am in the LLAC Lobby for a talk on one of the most challenging parenting tasks – sleep management with Dr. Minna Chau. In this talk, Dr. Minna Chau will share the latest research on the function of sleep and practical strategies for your child to get the right amount of sleep they need.
RSVP here: https://docs.google.com/a/cdni
Prep needs your help in our next Unit of Inquiry ‘How We Express Ourselves’!
We are looking for members of the CDNIS community (parents and other family members) who are passionate about an art form that they can teach the Prep students on Wednesday March 8. We are looking for any type of art form, and some examples could be sewing, knitting, poetry writing, drama, martial arts, etc. We will all meet at 12:20 and then the students from Prep will choose the art form they would like to learn about for 30 minutes. Please contact Rebecca (Prep E teacher) at RebeccaTupling@cdnis.edu.hk if you would like to volunteer for this event. Thank you!
Prep Spotlight/Celebration for 2017
Spotlights are opportunities for classes to showcase the learning that they have done in Music & Movement class for a live audience of their parents and the school community! Below you can find the date and time of the spotlight performance of your child’s class.
Venue: LLAC Theatre, CDNIS
Time & Date (*PARENTS INVITED)
Prep A, B & E – Tuesday, March 21 at 10am – 11am
Rehearsal Dates *(PARENTS NOT INVITED):
* DEAR PARENTS: Would be much appreciated if you can make sure your child is not absent on these REHEARSAL dates, thank you!)
Prep A, B & E – Tuesday, March 7 at 10am – 11am
Prep A, B & E – Tuesday, March 14 at 10am – 11am
MUSIC & MOVEMENT Blog Link
- Prep Parent Workshop on Writing – February 22 @8am in the Library Pit
- Dress Down Day – February 24
- Prep A Dental visit – February 28