Hello! I am Christine Miller, a Grade 5 teacher at CDNIS. This is my fifth year at CDNIS and I am really excited to be working with my class and with all the Grade 5 students. I also look forward to working with my students’ parents in order to maximise the learning opportunities throughout the year.
For those of you that have not met me yet, here is some background information about me and my teaching philosophy.
I am originally from New Zealand and have been teaching since 1996, having graduated University with both a Bachelors of Education and a Diploma in Teaching. I am a qualified teacher in New Zealand, England and Hong Kong having worked as a classroom teacher in New Zealand until 2001 and then in London until 2011 when I moved to Hong Kong.
As a teacher I:
- provide a supportive, safe and stimulating environment that encourages children’s learning and provides opportunities for all children to experience success, taking into account their learning needs, styles and interests;
- have high expectations of pupil achievement and conduct. I encourage children to be responsible for their own learning and behaviour by developing the skills necessary to become active life-long learners;
- provide a balanced education programme which involves a range of teaching strategies in a variety of situations to meet children’s individual needs and abilities;
- try hard to create an atmosphere within the classroom which encourages the children to understand and value their unique culture as well as that of others and to celebrate the similarities and differences;
- tailor and deliver teaching that is appropriate to individual children. In particular, I use differentiation to ensure all children in the class achieve their full potential;
- I also place high value on supporting relationships between parents and teachers to encourage parental involvement in their child’s education.
Get in Touch!
Please feel free to contact me at any time if there is anything you think I could help you with.
Grade 5, Room 806