Thank you Pippa for your great presentation today. Hopefully lots of us will see you there! See clip below for background info.
Our student-centered reporting cycle continues with the Student Led Learning Reviews (SLLR).
- Prep to Grade 5 students will complete their SLLR on Friday May 3.
While this is an official school day, normal school and class schedules will be suspended for all Prep to Grade 5 students only. Instead, Prep to Grade 5 students will only attend school at the appointed time to complete their SLLR. Students must wear their school uniform for the appointment.
The Grade 6 students do not present a SLLR. Instead they will be sharing the outcome of their PYP Exhibition on Thursday May 2 and Friday May 3. The Exhibition is the major culminating event to a child’s time in the Lower School and PYP. The Exhibition is a ‘Student Led’ process and serves as a demonstration of their learning journey. Parents, no appointments are necessary to come and visit the Exhibition. We would like to see as many Grades 4 and 5 parents and students as possible visit the PYP Exhibition so they can gain more insight into their child’s learning journey for the immediate future.
We understand and recognize our CDNIS parents lead busy lives. Respectfully, we expect that all students and their parent(s) will attend the SLLR. Thank you in advance for your support and participation.
The purpose of the SLLR is to fully engage the student in his or her own learning. As the name implies, it is a student-focused event that enables and supports the voice of each child as a unique learner. It is the intention of the SLLR that the student is to:
- Take responsibility for sharing their learning and progress across the transdisciplinary programme
- Discuss where they are as a learner at this time and identify their strengths and needs
- Share where they are in their journey towards developing the skills of a lifelong learner
- Share how they demonstrate the attributes of the Learner Profile and Attitudes
- Develop effective communication skills
- Revisit the goals established during the 3-Way Learning Conversations
Please use this link to find more information about how to make an appointment for an SLLR with your child’s/children’s Homeroom Teachers.
The online scheduling system will be open from Mon 8 April (8am) to Fri 26 April (4pm).
Helen Kelly, Lower School Principal
Zoe Heggie, Lower School Vice Principal (Pre Rec – Grade 2)
DJ MacPherson, Lower School Vice Principal (Grades 3-6)
- Long Sleve t-shirt
- Tracksuit pants or equivalent
- Absolutely no use of phones during the day, from when they walk on campus. Use of phones after dismissal is fine (the understanding here is that this is a parent-sanctioned device, not the school’s; therefore, what happens on that phone is the responsibility of the parents).
- No use of laptops while unsupervised after school.
- Please be diligent in your oversight when they are using laptops in class. We’ve had recent experiences of students using a new app to chat with each other during class, watching NBA highlights on Youtube during class and accessing learning documents to write inappropriate language.
Our Fashion Show is fast approaching.
The main entrance for the LLAC (glass doors) will be closed off to the public. To help with logistics, you may enter through CDNIS’ main doors and walk to the LLAC via the 10F. Our friendly security guards can help direct you.
Unfortunately live-streaming will be unavailable however, the event will be recorded and shared with families. There will be an opportunity for photos after the show – bring your cameras!
We look forward to sharing this special event with you all tomorrow.
Bring in your old books and trade them for something new-to-you at the CISPA Book Swaps.
You can also buy books for $10 each or two (2) CISPA tokens. Don’t forget your reusable shopping bag!
Lower School Book Swap, Grade 3-6
WHEN: Friday, March 15, 7:00-9:00am
WHERE: 12/F Cafeteria
Lower School Book Swap, Pre-Rec – Grade 2
WHEN: Tuesday, March 19, 7:00-9:00am
WHERE: 12/F Cafeteria
Upper School Book Swap
WHEN: Wednesday, March 13, 12:30-1:30pm
WHERE: Alan Dick Forum
Book Swaps are coordinated by the CISPA Literacy Committee.
For more information about supporting literacy at CDNIS, contact email@example.com.