– Thinking about fractions as decimals and percentages
– Next week on to patterning and probability!
– Frog Belly Rat Bone
– word choice and story structure
– watched this short film, Lune et lautre
– practiced sequencing a story
– how to build suspense
– trick the audience with a plot twist or change in character
New literacy centres
– challenging yourself to practice using new and more complex word choice in a short story
– periods, commas and semicolons (choose which punctuation you would like to practice)
– sentence fragments, run on sentences, complex sentences
– choose your own writing goal for one period
– write a narrative (news story, realistic short story, one part of a larger story) about a natural disaster
– author’s secrets
– ellipsis to build suspense
– In the News – exploring current events, summarising & looking for the main ideas
– Practiced preparing for and responding to natural disasters
– diamond ranking about what is most important in a i.e. ice storm
– started playing the game ‘Disaster Master’ to see how close we were
– next week wrap up playing the game and intro to our disaster project!
Grade 4 Party! Friday June 2nd!
Friday June 2nd will be the Grade 4 party. We are staying on campus and have lots of fun things in store 🙂
G4A Class Party! Morning of Wednesday June 7th!
Parents! You are invited to join us on Wednesday June 7th from 8:00-9:10 to celebrate our year in Grade 4, have some fun awards and enjoy!
4A Swim Party! Afternoon of Wednesday June 7th!
From 11:40am-1:00pm we will be taking over the pool! Please remember bathing suits, towels and a change of clothes. Goggles may be a good idea too!