Parent Talk: Emotional Resilience
Emotional resilience refers to a person’s ability to adapt, manage and overcome stressful situations. A child who is emotionally resilient is better equipped to cope with adversity and recover from hardship. Fortunately, emotional resilience can be fostered and nurtured and in this parenting talk, Dr Ying Kan will share the latest research on emotional resilience and suggest practical strategies to support your child. Join us Wednesday, October 18 from 12:30pm-2pm in the LLAC Lobby. RSVP here.
Parent Observation Sign up: AM Pony Bear class and PM Dinosaur class.
Here is the checklist that you will complete during the observations. A hard copy will be given on the day.
- We are always looking for loose parts to use in the classroom. Please see this link for ideas as you might have some to give.
- People to come in and read to the students (email me and we can find a time)
Reminders and key dates
- Cooking volunteer sign-up sheet
- Chinese Blog link
- Music and Movement blog link
- Picture Day will be October 18th for AM and PM classes. Please wear school uniform
- Tuesday, November 21st–PreRec to Prep Parent Workshop on Kelso’s and Resilience in LLAC Lobby
- Wednesday, January. 24th-PreRec-Rec Parent Workshop–in Library Pit from 9-10am
- Thursday, March 15th-PreRec-Rec Parent Workshop–in Library Pit from 9-10am