It began with some fun in the pool where Ethan lost his loose tooth. Big thanks to Max for helping it out with a swift kick;)
Morning Meeting run by Emma Rose and Lily was a slight challenge with excitement brewing for the party. But they managed incredibly with a great check in, share, and activity of Pen Apple Apple Pen…
Party Time! Lots of food, fun, and decor. Awesome, amazing 3C celebration committees! It is great to see how 3C has become more independent, and has taken more ownership and responsibility for their learning and their FUN!
Sharing our final learning for the year with presentations about how different products are produced and distributed, and how it impacts the earth.
An Afternoon Meeting with Max, Nathaniel, Lee and a guest host, Oli from 3B. It’s a great way to end as Lee began our independent hosting, and it is only fitting that he help us close off the year.
And finally, to finish, a Grade 3 – 4 assembly. A great shout out to Ethan and Alex who supported the making of this movie to share:
And if you find that you’re bored over the summer, and want some ideas for fun and learning, here is a list of options:
- Send a postcard of your travels to a friend or me. (Address it to the school.)
- Send an email updating me on your summer adventures.
- Create a book in Book Creator about your summer. Take photos and caption them. There is no need for you to write long, long, long paragraphs. Be concise. Choose words wisely. Or create an iMovie about your summer. Share it with me.
- Build your math by seeing math all over the world. Flight costs. Estimating the number of people on a plane. Planning the day and scheduling time. Looking for symmetry, patterns, tessellations… Calculating distances or costs. (Go grocery shopping with a calculator or estimate instead. Add up all the prices as you go along. When you check out, how accurate were you? If you weren’t, what went wrong? What could possibilities be?)
- Type. Practice typing. You’re going to need to get speedier for Grade 4.
- READ! There is no better cure for boredom than a good book that can take you places you’ve never imagined.
Finally, to the parents of 3C. Thanks for an incredible year. Your children have been a great highlight. The smiles and superb thinking each day in the classroom put me in awe. The future is in good hands. Have a great summer. If you’re in Toronto, drop me a line. If not, I’ll see you all back in August.
Thank you for subscribing to my website this year, as we are closing this academic year and getting ready for the new school term, I recommend you unsubscribe from my website so that you won’t receive updates intended for next year’s class. Please follow these steps to unsubscribe to my website. I highly recommend you subscribe to your child’s new teacher’s site next school year.