What a great week! There was a ton of energy on the 8th floor this week as the halls buzzed with new students. Thursday night has been described as, “…as good as Christmas”. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend with family and fun. Rest up because next week the real 5th grade work begins!
– Weekly Items –
1. Auditions for the Junior Choir will be held from August 30 – September 10 in Room 802 (Ms Kinsinger’s class). Please read the following letter from Ms Kinsinger for more information.
2. Medical Forms were sent home Thursday and Friday. Please ask your child if you have not received them.CDNIS form – MUST be returned 1. both sides of each form are filled out. 2. emergency contacts are not the parents (ie. helper, grandparents, family friends, etc). 3. either “yes or no” is circled for panadol.
Government form – optional but students are strongly encouraged to return the form – A. For all students 1. The Student Reference Number and/or School dental Care service number is not necessary.
– B. Prep – grade 5 1. return the “APPLICATION AND CONSENT FORM” section only, not the entire 3-page document. 2. parents must AGREE or DISAGREE to each of the 2 sections in section C: a. SHS- Student HealthService b. SDHS – Student Dental Health Service. 3. if “yes” to dental – submit $20 in either cash or cheque (made out to “Canadian International School of Hong Kong Limited”). 4. please don’t staple cash or cheque to the form. 5. if the Chinese side of the form is filled out, ensure that the student’s ENGLISH NAME is also given.
Please return your forms by Friday, September 3rd !
3. Next week we will begin exploring communications technologies and using our MacBooks more and more. Every student must have a set of headphones/earphones. No special style or brand is required, just something that allows the students to listen to videos and audio from their MacBook without disturbing others.
4. The classes of Grade 5 & 6 will be celebrating the opening of the Alan Dick Forum on Friday, Sept. 3 at 8:40am. Parents are welcome to attend this ceremony in honour of our late and beloved, Mr. Dick.