What Does Innovation Look Like?
This was the guiding question for our professional learning experience in the Upper School on Monday, November 20th 2017. Coined ‘Innovation Insights’ a scheduled faculty meeting was dedicated to providing an opportunity for teachers in the Upper School to share examples of innovative projects they are either shaping or leading for our students.
“I don’t feel tired at all after a long Monday. I feel refreshed!”
We began the session with some fun and engaging warm up activities intended to set the general tone of the time together and unlock creative thinking. Staff were then invited to participate in one of the following sharing sessions on a sign up basis:
- The Connected Educator – Professional Development with Twitter
- NIMBY (Not In My Back-Yard):Aberdeen Harbour Community Project
- 360 Degree! – A unique perspective of learning
- Get Smart! Meeting the App Generation Where They Are
- Curriculum Webbing
- The First Cut is the Deepest: Learning with Lasers
You can learn more about these sharing sessions via this schedule.
These sessions are just a taste of the amazing teaching and learning in the Upper School at CDNIS and we are looking forward to organising another sharing opportunity in the second semester.
This article has been cross-posted to digitallearning.cdnis.edu.hk