Final reflection

English/Arts IDU Crit C and D Reflection Form 2019

Interdisciplinary Unit (IDU) and it’s final submission.
Your email address (mahinoasitalatini2023@cdnis.edu.hk) was recorded when you submitted this form.
8F
Mahino
How well did you communicate your experience as a Hong Konger? *
I think I communicated my experience as a Hong Konger very thoroughly. I am new here and I don’t really know everything about Hong Kong, so I am still discovering and experiencing. This has impacted how well I communicated since I am still unsure and my knowledge about Hong Kong is still limited. However, I think the poem was chosen (Ramiro’s) was very precise and conveyed with strong words, how he felt about Hong Kong;
How would you describe your personal success as an interdisciplinary learner? *
I think that I am successful, as an interdisciplinary learner. There are different branches of learning and I always make use of my time and opportunity effectively. I learn for my own benefit, not for the teachers or family. This is therefore how success is attracted to me. During this project, called: “art showcase”, we created a project with various disciplines, even though some disciplines weren’t related to our final art piece.
How would you describe the benefits of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples? *
Throughout this unit, we covered English and arts, with a little bit of mathematics. The benefit of doing this was that I could strengthen the flaws that I hadn’t covered in class. For instance: I struggled in my last art unit because I couldn’t draw human dimensions. While doing my aluminium person, Mr Chan thought us those dimensions, and everything went well.
What were the limitations of the interdisciplinary unit? Give specific examples… *
We had only 4.5 classes to complete everything, the task seemed a little rushed and we, therefore, decided not to add in anymore discipline. This task came out of nowhere, and we didn’t have any teacher to properly demonstrate to us how to create and organise our project. We had to decide what we would be doing, even though there hadn’t been any proper explanation. For next year, I don’t recommend this project.
Grade yourself using the IDU Specifications. Easy if you have followed the above instructions!
Communication of the interdisciplinary theme.
Personal success as a interdisciplinary learner.
Benefits of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples.
Limitations of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples.
Self assess using Crit. C rubric (question 1) *

Self assess using Crit. D rubric (Question 2-4) *