Sound of CDNIS audio track

Here is the audio track I made for the Sound of CDNIS assignment, using sounds recorded throughout the school, instrument loops and melodic tracks.

Google Form Questions
Describe the process of this assignment. *
First, we had to find and record sounds from the school, including a teacher’s voice with their permission. Then we had to load in the samples into Logic Pro X and add in necessary plug ins to make the sample sound unique and different from the original sound, and we also had to make a melodic track which also needed plug ins. Finally we had to create a song using the melodies, sounds recorded and 4 apple loops of our choice.

Discuss your CDNIS sounds and how useful they were for your end product. *
One of my CDNIS sound was the sound of a light switch flicking, I increased the high end and decreased the low end EQ to make the sound sound sharper, I ended up making the light switch sound a hi-hat in the first drum pattern by putting it in Ultrabeat which is a plugin for drums, since I make my own drum patterns and I don’t use pre-made drummer tracks. Another one of my sound was the banging sound of a bathroom door, I increased the low end EQ and decreased the high end EQ by just a bit to make the sound a bass instrument. The edited sounds make the beat sound more complex and more complete.

Evaluate your learning and new skills acquired. *
I learned new ways to make a vocal or an audio track sound more interesting, by changing the speed, repeating and cutting some parts of the track adding plug ins. I also learnt how to multiple plug in by experimenting with them, such as Space Designer (Reverb), Chorus, Pitch Shifter, Phaser and more.

What challenges did you face and overcome? *
When I was editing the door banging sound, the sound did not sustain and was short, which is not what I want because I wanted to do long bass notes. To overcome it, I added some reverb and balanced out the reverb and dry percentage to make the door banging noise sound better and more realistic, and I increased the gain to make the sound louder.