The Final Conquest – Reflection

English/Arts IDU Crit C and D Reflection Form 2019

8A
8B
8C
8D
8E
Kyle Kam
8F
How well did you communicate your experience as a Hong Konger? *
I think that I expressed my point of view of myself as a local Hong Kong resident whose ancestors had a miserable life and feelings that had gone to an extent that will think about suicide and running away from reality well, because I used a good choice of tune in my skit and a good choice of music the video. After half of the video, I think I expressed hope in the future well, because of the tone I used for the ‘son’, the remix a made for a happy and joyous song.
How would you describe your personal success as an interdisciplinary learner? *
I would say I got all the jobs I set for myself well done, and I have even exceeded my expectations. I did carry out emotion in the scene, the music I played in the video had notes that are in beat, and the remix also sounds good. I also used the software instruments for the music. In the video, I also used stop motion and a drawing of a background as a representation of Art.
How would you describe benefits of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples. *
I think I learned a lot from the video. Before making the video, I had to think of a story and the script for the skit, which trains my thinking and story configuring skills. During filming, I learned which gestures to use, and what tone for my drama. I also thought of which music to use, to make the most effect of emotion. This enhances my drama acting skills and my digital music skills. On editing the video, I learned how to make art and where to apply stop motion in the scene. This increases my ability to use art to convey my feelings to others.
What were the limitations of the interdisciplinary unit? Give specific examples… *
Throughout the whole project, there were some parts where I could improve on, I could have more people in my project. Since that could make the editing way easier. I could also have more ideas of art if I had teammates. I didn’t ask for much feedback on the music and script, which makes me have more chances to make grammatical mistakes, and also makes me nervous when I’m presenting my own project alone. However, overall in the project it was a great experience, and I could learn from these experiences to make future projects even better!
Grade yourself using the IDU Specifications. Easy if you have followed the above instructions!
Communication of the interdisciplinary theme.
Personal success as a interdisciplinary learner.
Benefits of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples.
Limitations of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples.
Self assess using the Crit. C rubric (question 1) *

Self assess using the Crit. D rubric (Question 2-4) *