Experience Week Reflection

How did you become more aware of your own strengths and areas for growth?

I learnt that there are actually many many people who are in need in this world, so everybody should give their best to help the needy. So, my service in this trip is to build a shelter for the Sunday school.

How did you undertake challenges that developed new skills?

I believe that I learnt how to hammer a nail, and not let the nail curve in a way.

How did you plan your service experiences?

I thought that building a shelter suits me, because I like building things, also, I think that cutting wood and hammering are something new to me, and I thought it would be interested, and it is.

How did you persevere in action?

Our shelter group helped each other out when one is tired, which resembles great teamwork. In the end, everybody was all sweaty and tired, meaning everybody paid a lot of effort.

How did you work collaboratively with others?

We tried communicating at our best, like a conversation of a duck and a goose. In the end, I also learnt a few more Malaysian words and phrases.

How have you developed international-mindedness through global engagement, multilingualism and intercultural understanding? How could your international-mindedness be developed more next time you engage in service?

I mainly asked the instructors to learn the language. I can ask people to learn their own language.

How much have you considered the ethical implications of your actions? How do you know that you made a positive impact? How could you consider ethical implications more the next time you engage in service?

This helped the village people have a better place.