Sounds of CDNIS Project

Hello guys! It’s Kyle (aka TLG) again, the following music is my product of the Sounds of CDNIS music project. In this song, I used some sounds I heard in CDNIS, a few MIDI Instruments, a drummer and several loops, there will be some intense feeling and a calming part in the middle which is a remix of an excerpt of some song you might have heard of. Anyways, hope you like it! =D

Describe the process of this assignment.
 This assignment was a fun and challenging one, because it took me some time to think about what sounds to use, and how to edit these voices/sounds. The loop choices were hard too, because there were too many good loops to choose. However, to me the most challenging part, was to think about the tune for the music piece, there are many types of moods and different tempo, which makes many different effects for the song.
Discuss your CDNIS sounds and how useful they were for your end product.
It made my end product not as boring as just MIDI Instruments and loops, definitely made it more interesting. My first sound which is the chair rotating sound. For this, I chose a chair in particular, which made a rather unique scratching sound, and recorded it. The zipping sound was the sound when I adjusted my headphones. The most fun one was when I recorded Mr. Lee saying ‘Maple syrup’.
Evaluate your learning and new skills acquired.
 I learnt that I could record other sounds than just making MIDI tracks and rely on pre-made loops. As in the previous work, I needed to change the MIDI for Marshmello ~ Alone, I used the similar skills and made a changed MIDI of TheFatRat ~ The Calling, and added it into some part of the music, adding transmissions and such, which make them connect to the rest of the song.
What challenges did you face and overcome?
 Firstly, it was hard to decide on to record which teacher and what they say. Secondly, as I have said above, there are just so many good loops for me to choose, which made me have hard decisions and dilemmas.
Lastly, the tunes of different sounds, the mood and tempo, were hard choices too.