How is your recording the same and different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions?

The strumming has the same chords and pattern as the artist uses in his song, there are three different chords C, F, and G. I kept this the same because of the chords together sound nice and the strumming pattern is different from any most songs because it starts with a single strum on the C string. The tempo of my piece of music is slower than the original tempo. This gives you more time to enjoy the song and the tempo is easier to sing for the audience (because it is slower). I added piano because it goes well with the drum and ukulele, it keeps the tempo together. My drum keeps the beat with a basic sound and simple patterns to match the song.

How did your music classes prepare you for this assignment?

First, I to recorded every chord (C, F, G) then edit them to make them sound nice, then I copy and pasted all the chords I needed for every measure, and then I put them in the right order. Mr. OToole listened to it and helped me make the chords even sound nicer and fixed the timing of my strumming ( on Garageband ). Once my strumming sounded done I moved on to my drums, I found the right timing. I did my drums second because when I move on to the piano, I can follow the beat of the drums and play the notes on the right timing. Once the drums were finished I moved on to the piano ( an instrument the original song doesn’t contain ). I asked miss Po where the chords C, F, and G were on the keyboard because I have no knowledge about the piano. I finished piano, I made sure every beat started at the same time. Finally, I started the singing, but before  I listened to the song a few times, so I know when to start and stop singing. When everything was done I asked Mr. OToole for feedback and he helped me edit my piece of work.

Time management

At the beginning of this assignment, I started with a different song, but I kept on struggling. I choose an easier song to play (recommended by Lily), Budapest. It cost me a lot of time, I had to catch up, I came to lunches to work on my editing, recording and asking for feedback. Then after a week or two, I was back on track. I was able to finish it on time and had time to do my reflection in class.