Here is my recording of Au Clair de la Lune ( by Camille Saint-Saëns and Gerard Beauchamp )…

Discuss your Ukulele song choice and the skills you acquired.

I chose the song called, ‘Au Clair de la Lune’ because it is a French song ( I speak french ) and I knew the song already. The first four measures are repeated in the measures 5 until 8, F F F G, A G, F A G G, F. It is difficult the transition with your fingers between the notes F and D in measure 11. You can play this piece in any rhythm, only if you know when you have to start and stop singing.

How did it go…?

At first, I was struggling because I couldn’t remember where every note was, I didn’t enjoy playing the ukulele at first. Until I could remember every note ( I could play without looking at my sheet ), I started to enjoy it.

Discuss your overall understanding of Garageband and its processes. How has your skill at Garageband impacted your song?

I have no experience with a ukulele or GarageBand, so everything was new to me.  I didn’t use the metronome button because I knew when I had to play every beat, I sang the beats in my head. The tempo of my piece was 80, not to slow and not to fast. First I struggled a bit with strumming because it didn’t sound right, I kept on recording again and again. When I finished my three recordings, I saw that the melody and strumming were not always in time. I started to trim and cutting by pressing on command  ‘T’  and dragging the audio region forwards or backward. I tried to use enable flex but I wasn’t sure how to use it. In the end, I pressed command ‘J’ so the audio region would be one track.