Project Genesis

Proposal:

• What is the goal for your assignment? *
My goal for this project is to mashup four different songs and create a remix/ mashup and it will probably be 3 or 4 minutes. I will add different things in it, maybe turn the music into electronic music a bit, add loops, effect and different instruments to it. For the effects, I will use plug-ins because it will make the sound sounds better and different. So in my final product, I want the songs to sound good and smooth together. Also, the other goal I have is to learn more things and make sure I can finish before the deadline so I will have time to fix things if I need to.
  • Outline/Process (Steps) to Achieve Goal. *
First I’m going to go online and find 4 songs that have the same beat and sounds good together. Then I’m going to download the 4 different songs into mp3. Once I download it into mp3s, I will have 4 songs that are approximately 3 to 4 minutes. When I’m done with that part, I will open Garageband and put all the 4 songs together and make sure they are on beats. I will listen to it several times to see how could I do to make it sound better, and I will cut and edit the sound until it sounds like a song and sounds smooth. After the sound sounds good I need to make sure that the mashup has some EDM and doesn’t really sound like the original song. I will also add some loops, instruments, and plugins to fix that. When I’m on that part I’m just almost done, I just need to listen to it a few times and see if it make sense and sound good, if it does then I’m done.
  • Why this project? *
This project because it will let me learn more about GarageBand and creating music. It will also let me learn more interesting things about music mashups, cause I never did anything like this before. Also, this project because I like music and EDMs so choose to mash things up and add effects.
  • What do you hope to learn? *
Throughout this project, I hope to learn how to mashup four songs because I never mashed up songs before, also I want to learn not only how to mashup songs, it’s how to mashup sounds together so it will sound good together. I’m also hoping to learn how to more about beats, using GarageBand, software instruments, loops and etc. In order to learn these things, I will have to watch videos about it, play around with GarageBand and see, and you could also ask around and ask your friends if you need help.
  • What are you must have for this assignment? *
My assignment must have:
More than 10 different loops
Every song have the same beat
Have 4 songs or more
A Drum track
2 or 3 digital instruments
Different Plug-ins
Kind of sound like an EDM
  • What are the desirable qualities you hope to add in for your assignment? *
I hope and want to have the same beat and when I combine the 4 different songs together it can not sound weird. Also, I want to add different loops to make the mashup interesting and not sound like the original sound. I also hope that there will be a drum track that fits the mashup or else it will sound really weird. I also want the mashup to have a EDM  vibe so I need to figure out how to do that.