Music ukulele recording (Lavender’s Blue)

Discuss your Ukulele song choice and the skills you acquired.

I played the song Lavender’s blue. It’s in common time or 4/4 and it was in the key of C. The strumming had three chords, C, F and G. During the eighth notes of the melody in bar 2 the notes go down from f, e, d, c; this is the part were I struggled the most because I accidentally played my melodies rhythm to fast, I played the four notes in half the time of the number (2 seconds) were as I could have played it at the same speed of the number (4 seconds) making it hard for me to transition between fingers while strumming multiple times up to the speed of the faster melody.

Discuss your overall understanding of Garageband and its processes. How has your skill at Garageband impacted your song?

When recording my song on garage band due to the fact that I am not that experienced at editing and I have never used the app I decided to play my song all in one go. For the melody and strumming, I recorded halfway through and then copy and pasted it because the songs strumming and melody repeats itself twice while the singing continues with a new section of words. Most of my recording was in time and I can tell because the wave of the singing, strumming, and melody mostly start in the same place but, sometimes when all three audios weren’t in time I would use command T to trim the notes and place it where the wave actually starts. I played the song’s tempo in 80, but I accidentally played the common time in 3/4 instead of 4/4 but in all, I think I still played pretty well and mostly in time