Project Genesis – Criteria Ci

What is the goal for your assignment? *
My goal in this assignment is to create a song mashup and adding on dance music elements such as EDM and etc. I wanted to create my own music in a form that can prove the audience that I have learned the past classes well and that I can create my own music and mash it up with other songs to create a better one. I want the audiences to get a certain interest to the music I can create.

Outline/Process (Steps) to Achieve Goal. *
First Step: Finding at least 3 to 4 songs that I will be able to use for the mashup Second Step: Mashing these songs up together to create music elements like EDM Third Step: Adding on MIDI tracks created by myself Fourth Step: Arranging the track
I also plan to create this piece of music mostly based on my own MIDI file mostly. There will be mash ups yet not too much.

Why this project? *
I always wanted to create my own piece of music and throughout all of the skills I have learned. I wanted to create my own piece of music with a nice clean flow and beat. I wanted to add with my own MIDI files and other song rhythms to see how they end up. This is my first time creating my own music and this could be a new experience for me.

What do you hope to learn? *
I hope to learn new skills like plugins and being able to create a clean flow of music instead of messy tracks like my previous works. It would be also nice to learn if I can use all the past skills properly in this one work. Also, through this experience I want to see if I am capable of creating my own music that I always wanted to.

What are you must haves for this assignment? *
I would need at least three to four songs, at least three MIDI tracks and plugins. I will have to have a certain outline of the music I will be creating. The hook, highlight, and the climax. I need to create a certain beat so I would definitely need to play around with MIDI tracks and loops. I plan on to create a certain outline of my song in order to create a even track with repetitions.

What are your desirable qualities you hope to add in for your assignment? *
I wanted to add qualities like proper plugins, and my own MIDI track that has a nice clean flow. I want to prove that I can solve my own problems through this project. I also want to show the listener that I am capable of creating my own music, and making another music out of it with other songs.