Ukulele Unit 2. Riptide.

Respond to these statements and post these to your blog. You should automatically get a copy of your responses sent to you!
Your email address (deniseabdymomunova2023@cdnis.edu.hk) will be recorded when you submit this form. Not you? Switch account
* Required
Di
Identify connections between art forms, art, and context, or art and prior learning.
Dii
Recognise that the world contains inspiration or influence for art.
What was The song I chose for this unit to play on the ukulele is “Riptide” by Vance-joy. At first, I wanted to play the song “Waka Waka” by Shakira, but later found out that the song itself didn’t fit me and I didn’t like the vibe the song portrayed. So, I decided to do “Riptide.” I’ve always loved the song, and it reminded me of when my family and I were in Monaco in the summer, both my brother and sister know how to play the ukulele and always used to play it, so whenever I hear the song I have nostalgia as well as just great vibes from its simplicity and great rhythm. To me, the song “Riptide” and its meaning don’t connect to my life personally, but for me, the lyrics flow and sound perfect together, especially when singing! The song has the chords “Am, G, C and in one part “F” that play over and over again, and I feel like that’s what really expressed the songs simplicity. All in all, I   love the song itself and really happy that I ended up recording it. the inspiration for this song choice? *
The song I chose for this unit to play on the ukulele is “Riptide” by Vance-joy. At first, I wanted to play the song “Waka Waka” by Shakira, but later found out that the song itself didn’t fit me and I didn’t like the vibe the song portrayed. So, I decided to do “Riptide.” I’ve always loved the song, and it reminded me of when my family and I were in Monaco in the summer, both my brother and sister know how to play the ukulele and always used to play it, so whenever I hear the song I have nostalgia as well as just great vibes from its simplicity and great rhythm. To me, the song “Riptide” and its meaning don’t connect to my life personally, but for me, the lyrics flow and sound perfect together, especially when singing! The song has the chords “Am, G, C and in one part “F” that play over and over again, and I feel like that’s what really expressed the songs simplicity. All in all, I love the song itself and really happy that I ended up recording it.
Things you could talk about in the next answer – learning to strum, Garageband editing, singing, drum track input, time management etc…
How did your music classes as well as your previous music session and assignment prepare you for this assignment? *
In my perspective, I’ve definitely improved since our last music session and generally throughout the past classes of music we had.I feel like I’ve matured way more now, then I was in the last music lessons, so that definitely played a huge role in preparing for this assignment. I also concentrated a lot more in class and practiced playing my song, rather than goofing off with my classmates. One other skill that I improved on was my strumming, I can now strum to the song and it actually sounds quite good, the strumming pattern that I used was “DDUDU” referring to “down, down, up, down, up.” This time, I actually did not edit any ukulele recording as I got good at strumming the whole song without any mistakes. Not many people know this but, I love singing and I always have since a very young age. So, singing was really easy for me and I feel like my voice matched the song really well. I did the drum track and piano track but I don’t feel like its very well done because its way too simple and doesn’t sound professional. All in all, I’m proud of my work I’ve done this unit.