What makes a credible scientist?
A credible scientist uses reliable sources to gather their information like different websites that are verified and the information is correct. They will always have to have general information about the topic. With every source they gathered the information from scientists must use MLA citations.
Why is the scientific ‘way of knowing’ used in medicine compared to other ways of knowing?
The scientific ‘way of knowing’ is more reliable than religious when used in medicine because, the scientific ‘way of knowing’ is tested on different forms of life like people, animals, plants. It is more reliable as they know if the medication will work or not, as for the religious ‘way of knowing’ it is not confirmed if it will work and it is not tested to see if the method is reliable, as it is more of an opinion and not a fact.
Reflecting on scientific investigations is important because you can get more accurate results by repeating investigations with improvements to your method. How would you improve your seed dispersal investigation if you were to repeat it?
– Next time I will add range and units in my hypothesis that connect to my IV and DV like cm2 and seconds.
– On my first variable table, I will add the units under the variables.
– Check if the way I explained the method is correct or not, different spelling mistakes – etc. Make method more concise.
– Next time I will add a graph stating the positives and negatives about the validity of method, and add an overall judgment.
– In the raw data table I will make the units go under the header; seconds.
– I will make the decimal places more consistent in table 4 that I have created.
– I will need to understand what I have to do in the extension part next time, change the IV.