Service as Action Post

1. How did you become more aware of your own strengths and areas for growth?

I became more aware of my strength and areas of growth by joining a large variety of hobbies and activities in school and also outside of school. By doing that, I learn what I am capable of doing, my interest, my strength and also how good am I in different places.

1. How did you undertake challenges that developed new skills?

When I encounter a challenge, I will first, not run away from it. Since I love trying out new things, I like challenging myself with different challenges to test out my own limits. By doing similar things, I am able to develop other skills much faster and happier. I am able to enjoy the process of taking in problem and solving them just as my interest.

1. How did you discuss, evaluate and plan student-initiated activities?

Student-initiated activities highly rely on teamwork, and to do so, I developed my communication skills in the process. I stepped out of my comfort zone and became more aggressive in a conversation so that my ideas and question can be spread and answered. By communicating with one another, I will try to set up different meetings to make sure that we are all on task and involved. With this in mind, we will plan out most of the work during those meetings.

1. How did you persevere in action?

I believe that in order to persevere an action, you must first be interested in it. So, I will turn my task into my interest, if that doesn’t work, I will find different ways to relate my task into my interest. When I can’t turn my task into my interest. I will turn them into one of the challenges, so I will face them as a new obstacle and challenge with another perspective in order to make it more interesting.

1. How did you work collaboratively with others?

Working in a group with other is all about communication, the most important point of working together is to put everyone into a position where they can all enjoy and put their skills in use. In order to achieve that, I listen to others and try to understand their perspective to understand them the most. With that, I will find out what they want and what they enjoy. I will then suggest some of my ideas, if my groupmates don’t like my idea, I will find a new one and reshape it to some similar things that they like. I like listening to everyone’s idea during group work because my talent is to find out everyone’s favorite thing and combining them into one. With this special skill I have, I often propose some great ideas to others.

1. How did you develop international-mindedness through global engagement, multilingualism, and intercultural understanding?

I develop international-mindedness through global engagement, multilingualism, and intercultural understanding by joining more variety of events, traveling more become a more open-minded person, trying out new things to become more accepting of everything. Watch more overseas movies to learn more about their culture and their language through modern and old, interesting stories.

1. How did you consider the ethical implications of your actions?

I believe that one man’s action can reflect their true self, and in order to become better, you must try shaping both the inner mind and your action. That’s why I really care about what I do in public and in private. The butterfly effect is also an important factor in why a person should care about what they do, it is because there are consequences to their action.

I believe that my action may not be the best, but I am improving every day by gaining more knowledge and experience. I learn to choose the right path every day I order to shape myself into a decent human being.