Design through the lens reflection

Specification (list) How was it met?
The transitions will be very smooth and clear so people can understand the story It met the specification well because based on the survey, it shows that the editing was very good and
The narration will be clear, as well as flowing. It met the specification well because many people on the survey said that the narration was clear. But it can be improved because few people found it hard to understand.
The video’s background music should be low enough so I can hear the voice. But, when I low the background music, the change of volume should be smooth It met the specification well because many people in the survey said that the music fits well.
The resolution should be at least 2k so people can see the video more clearly It didn’t meet the specification well because our video is HD.
I will use many effects like Twixtor so I can show my thought as well as to make the video smooth It didn’t meet the specification enough because we were not allowed to use videos.
I will be going to have footages that explain what kind of diversity there are It met the specification because based on the survey, people said that the photos are very good, but some people said we would have improved by using more relevant photos.
I will make the video in 1st person perspective It didn’t meet the specification because, during the filming, we decided to change the photo to 3rd perspective.
The transitions will be very smooth and clear so people can understand the story It met the specification since many people in the survey said the transitions were good. But, I think the storyline can be more improved.


D-T3 Improvements

The limitations were first, the pictures. Because there were not enough people to take a photo I want to take, so I had to compose the face from Google which didn’t look good. Secondly,  the narration. There was not enough time to make a good script because it took a lot of time to take photos. Lastly, the editing. I wanted to edit more of the video (photos), but because of time, I wasn’t able to.
The aspects of my final product that I felt that I could do better is first, editing. People said that the editing was good, but there was an opinion that the mood of the video should be brighter. I think this is mainly because of the background music, so I can change the background music. Secondly, the narration. Like I said before, because of the time limit, we didn’t have detailed scripts. If I have one more chance, I want to spend more time making script and editing than taking photos.
Overall, I think the biggest limitation was time because we had one less week because I was on holiday and Jacky was sick. I think it would be much better if we worked on the project after school, but we didn’t. Next time, I want to improve on time management and also to work after school if our work is not good enough.
D-T4 Impact

I think my product addressed the design challenge well because we met all of the requirements and most of the people who gave us the feedback saying that the video was well made. The final product communicated about the diversity in CDNIS well to the audience because our video showed a lot of examples and details that prove the diversity in our school. But, I also think that maybe the editing was too showing off because the audience might focus on the editing, not the actual product. This thing happened in our survey. We asked people what is the good things about the video, and all of them said something related to editing. Next time, I want to make the editing more smooth so it still has the quality but allows the audience to focus more on the topic. For me, this project was a chance to see what is so different about international schools than local schools. I found out that diversity has a lot of impact on this. But, I also realized that it is impossible to do this in a local school is because having more diversity requires much more costs.
In overall, this unit was a great chance to learn about diversity in the school.

The clock design Crit C

In last few weeks, I made a clock

I learned a lot of skills in illustrator because I had to make most of things. I  mostly learned how to use line tools because around 70% are made of line tool. I also learned how colours effect differently at laser cutter which was really interesting. Before this, I didn’t thought about using icon in me design. But I found that this is more convenient than making one. If I more chance to make a clock with laser cutter, I will going to check before I print because I forgot to check this time and there were some mistakes, and in the clock, I still can see it.

Icons from www.flaticon.com

What did I learned from laser cutting design (mini project)

What I’ve learned about laser cutting design (≥200 words)   
During the laser cutting design, I learned many skills on the Illustrator that can be used in the crit C project. One of the skills is to use icon images in the Illustrator. I found this interesting because of the fact that using the work that someone I don’t know was new, and the fact that it is much easier this way instead of doing it by my self. Another thing that I learned from this project is the idea of crit C. If there were no laser cutting design project, I would be still confusing of what to do. But, this mini-project gave me the experience what to do and what to not do which will save a lot of time. The disappointing thing about this project is I couldn’t print mine because I was on holiday at the submission date and I forgot to put it in there before going on holiday. If I printed it, I could saw this working or not.