English/Arts Crit C/D Reflection

Google Forms
8A
8B
8C
8D
8E
8F
Pranay Jain
How well did you communicate your experience as a Hong Konger? *
I communicated my experience as a Hong Konger through the use of a sculpture and a poem. By sculpture our group used my poem to create a visual image of how Hong Kong looks in my perspective. We used LED and the different tourist attractions like the ICC and IFC to get an understanding of what Hong Kong is like. I had a negative tone in my sculpture as I somewhat didn’t try to make it look amazing. After moving from Canada, Hong Kong was much worse in my opinion which explains the negative tone and the tall buildings with LED.
How would you describe your personal success as an interdisciplinary learner? *
I would describe myself successful as an interdisciplinary learner in many different ways. One way is how I always manage time and combine subjects to further advance my knowledge in a certain area. Every subject has a relation to each other, and taking advantage of it benefitted my greatly, explaining my success as an interdisciplinary learner. I generally put effort into every subject, allowing me to see the possibilities for me as an interdisciplinary learner.
How would you describe benefits of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples. *
There are many benefits of the interdisciplinary unit. One advantage is understanding how to use different subjects to expand the possibilites of what you can do in each subject. For example, if you learn how to make formulas easier to remember in science, you can transfer it to math in order to memorise formulas that will be needed in tests and assignments. Another positive is being able to combine all the skills learned in each subject to produce a high quality work. For instance, learning how to make a song in music, edit a video in design/drama can allow you to create a really good video that has great music.
What were the limitations of the interdisciplinary unit? Give specific examples… *
There are also some limitations when it comes to the interdisciplinary unit. A limitation is the shortage of time. Using a lot of different skills requires more time to be given as it uses the knowledge of more than one subject. For example, creating a sculpture with music on the side takes longer than just making a sculpture. Additionally, with the limited time it is hard to make something excellent. This is because it is hard to know what to focus on, because the projects relies on more than one subject.
Grade yourself using the IDU Specifications. Easy if you have followed the above instructions!
Communication of the interdisciplinary theme.
Personal success as a interdisciplinary learner.
Benefits of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples.
Limitations of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples.
Self assess using the Crit. C rubric (question 1) *

Self assess using the Crit. D rubric (Question 2-4) *