Design

My Educational Board Game

18 Sep , 2017  

Through my research, I have learnt that the 3rd grade math curriculum does revolve around the four basic core operations. I have also discovered the ideal game lengths regarding attention spans of students around the ages of  7-9, popular theme characters, types of board game mechanics, and how to use a laser cutter through both secondary research and primary research, including surveys and product analysis. I’m going to apply the new found information I have learnt to be able to design my educational board game the most successfully and appropriately. I will be designing my board game to be around 15-20 minutes long to make sure that the students stay engaged and to increase the enjoyability of the game as the simple objective may become too repetitive after very long. To ensure that the game becomes very re playable and enjoyable, I will make sure to feature a variety of maths questions with different difficulty levels, as I’ve learnt from my product analysis, to make sure that the students are still challenged enough to learn but not too much that the game becomes too difficult for them. Through my primary research, I have learnt that it takes the students around less than 30 seconds to solve a solution, therefore I will ensure that the timer is set accordingly.