Design Logo Feedback

Hi, this is my final design logo!

Feel free to answer these questions or give feedback:

• What do you like about my logo?
  • Do you like the colour scheme? Why?
  • What caught your eye when you first looked at this logo?  Why?
  • Do you think I used C.A.R.P effectively? Why?
  • Do you think my logo is versatile? Why?
  • What do you associate my logo to?
  • Do you think that this logo represents me? How?

Anything else you liked about my logo? Please give feedback!

Why these 2 letters?

I chose these letters because they are my initials. G stands for my last name Gooris and Y stands for my first name Yasmine.

Why the colour blue?

Blue is the colour of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolises trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, and truth.  These are all valuable traits people must have. Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. When the human eye see the colour blue, it produces a calming effect.

Please give feedback!

After revising the feedback I got this is what I came up with:

Many people said that this logo represents me because of my initials and the the colour I chose.  Some people also said that I could have used another tool instead of the paint brush to make my curves neater, and I totally agree with that.  People also said that they think I could have incorporated something that represents my passion for art, such as a paint brush or colour palette, but personally I think that would have taken away the simplicity of my logo, although I understand why people thought that .  There were also some people who thought my colour scheme was good, because it worked really well together, and yet created contrast, and I am happy that that was what people saw, because that was the effect that I was going for.

Some improvements I would make is using another tool to make the curves on my logo neater.  I would have also made my logo logo a bit wider, because it looks kind of squashed at the moment.  And apart from making it wider I would have also made it a little bit more squarish.

8 Comments

1. Victoria

Your logo really caught my eye! It is very simple, memorable and versatile!!! Your idea was very creative because you combined your “y” and “g” and I think the colours do express you! Maybe next time you could change the colour black into a brighter colour. Love it!
    -Victoria

2. Niki

What do you like about my logo?
    I liked that you used your initials
    Do you like the colour scheme? Why?
    I like how you used your colour scheme because the Y makes it stand out from the N-ish shape on the top
    What caught your eye when you first looked at this logo? Why?
    What caught my eye was the Y because it had a striking yet bold colour
    Do you think I used C.A.R.P effectively? Why?
    I think that you used CARP, well because the colours contrast well with each other.
    Do you think my logo is versatile? Why?
    I think it is because its simple yet memorable
    What do you associate my logo to?
    You and your initials
    Do you think that this logo represents me? How?
    I think this logo represents you because it shows who you are. (name)

3. Tianne

I like how your logo includes your initials in a creative way. I like your colour scheme, because I think the blue Y makes it more bold & obvious, and it doesn’t blend in with the black creating contrast. I think the logo represents you, because it has your initials, and it’s really creative, like how your creative. Your logo really caught my eye, especially the Y within the G. Great Job!

4. Colby

This Logo is unique and the colour is used really well. However, why is it blue I don’t think it represents your active personality.

5. Lilly

I think your design is very clever the way you put y and g into the same letter, Ur explanation about everything is very good but one thing is i think there is a bit too much blank space on the side

6. Mira

Your strongest point is how this logo represents you. I see that since your initials are Y.G., you integrate those two letters making one shape. That was really unique as many logos just put out their initials in a standard form. The colour scheme is really nice together, yet creates contrast. Now, for the bad parts. The first thing I actually noticed was the imperfections. The little bumps on the letters, and how the logo itself was squashed. maybe next time, use shape tools. I’m also not sure what you colour scheme is supposed to represent. When I first saw it, I thought of the “Word” program, which made me assume you liked writing. I know that you like art, so maybe you could have integrated that feature of yourself into the logo.

7. Stephanie

What do you like about my logo?
    I like how you used your initials.
    Do you like the colour scheme? Why?
    I like the blue and black. It’s simple, and cam be used for a wide variety of things.
    The gap. It combinded g and y perfectly.
    I think the alignment was beautiful, it makes the logo seem very sleek and refined.
    Do you think my logo is versatile? Why?
    I think it’s fairly versatile, just slightly limited on the fact that it’s a G and a Y.
    What do you associate my logo to?
    You
    It has your initials in it. It’s also blue and I know you like blue.

8. Joanne

I like how you thought of how to create your logo because it is a very creative way to use your initials to incorpriate it together for making a logo like that. I also like you colour scheme because it really does express you and who you are. I think your logo represents you because it has your initials, and it is styled in a effective way. Your logo really catches a person’s eye. Great job! -Joanne