Music – Genesis – Crit C

What is the goal for your assignment? *
For this project, my goal is to create a lyrical song. I would like to compose a song that includes different components, like lyrics, melody, chords, etc, and to make all these elements work together in harmony within the song.

Outline/Process (Steps) to Achieve Goal. *
First, I would need to compose a lyrical melody that sounds nice. Then I would write a set of lyrics that suits the feeling of the melody. After that I would compose chords and drums for the song. At last I would record the vocal part of the song.

Why this project? *
I chose this project because I want to try new things and learn more about composing songs. I am interested in writing a song because it is a new experience for me. I also would like to sharpen my skills with using garageband through this project.

What do you hope to learn? *
I hope to learn how to compose a nice melody and meaningful lyrics. With my sharpened garageband skills, I am sure that it would be help me in the future, such as when promoting events and making videos. I also want to learn more about the different characteristics of various instruments. Through this project, I get to make use of different instruments when composing and learn about them more in depth.

What are you must haves for this assignment? *
My composition must be at least 2 minutes, which is just right, not too long nor too short. I also need to include a melody as it is the main part for a song. I would also need a lyrics because it is a key part for a song. Lastly would be instruments, which is used to support and set off the music.

What are your desirable qualities you hope to add in for your assignment? *
I would like my composed song to include a wide range of instruments when producing music, either from Garageband or actual instruments. I want to add some dimension in the song, rather than writing a piece of plain music. I want my song to have a unique and innovative feeling to it. For example beats, I would be adding different patterns of drum beats in it to make the song more interesting.