English/Arts IDU Crit C and D Reflection Form 2019 – Sofie Wyborn

English/Arts IDU Crit C and D Reflection Form 2019

Interdisciplinary Unit (IDU) and it’s final submission.
Your email address (sofiewyborn2023@cdnis.edu.hk) was recorded when you submitted this form.
8A
Sofie Wyborn
8B
8C
8D
8E
8F
How well did you communicate your experience as a Hong Konger? *
I think I communicated my experience as a Hong Konger very successfully because I used real-life examples in our art piece and my poem, and communicated what Hong Kong is to me. I also communicated what Hong Kong means to me other than just a big, bustling city. I showed that Hong Kong is not what people would originally think, and that it takes a proper Hong Konger to truly understand all of the many different aspects of Hong Kong that a foreigner could not understand.
How would you describe your personal success as an interdisciplinary learner? *
My personal success was pretty good. We finished the art piece, successfully exhibited our art piece, and did all of the reflections and other things that we needed to do. We were also able to learn more things about the different art types and this helped us to gain a deeper understanding of art. Another example of my personal success is the fact that I am now more confident in my ability to do art in all disciplines: visual arts, drama, and music.
How would you describe benefits of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples. *
We were able to use different arts to our advantage to create a piece we were happy with, proud of, and happy to do in class. We were also able to learn more things about the different art types and this helped us to gain a deeper understanding of art. Also, I am now more confident in my ability to do visual arts, drama, and music successfully.
What were the limitations of the interdisciplinary unit? Give specific examples… *
Some limitations included time and resources. We didn’t really have enough time to properly finish exactly what we wanted to do. We wanted to do a lot more, and with a bigger paper, but we didn’t have the time to do it. We didn’t have resources because we wanted to have a bigger paper, and more art supplies (paint).
Grade yourself using the IDU Specifications. Easy if you have followed the above instructions!
Communication of the interdisciplinary theme.
Personal success as a interdisciplinary learner.
Benefits of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples.
Limitations of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples.
Self assess using the Crit. C rubric (question 1) *

Self assess using the Crit. D rubric (Question 2-4) *

Once you have completed this form, SUBMIT! A copy of your response will be sent to you. COPY this information and POST onto your blog – #ArtsShowcase