English/Art Showcase Reflection

How well did you communicate your experience as a Hong Konger?

We communicated our experience as a Hong Konger through Claudia and Cindy’s poem. Their poems are about the pollutions in Hong Kong and I think our perspectives are well delivered through the artwork on canvas that Claudia and Cindy created. The acrylic on canvas is a view of mountains, sea, and sky of Hong Kong. When you look closely into the painting, you can see the dirty parts of Hong Kong, and the pollutions that we, humans have made.

How would you describe your personal success as an interdisciplinary learner? *

The music that I made is more of a slower edm music with sounds of HK mixed into the track. I decided to create a song that is more slow paced to show that the pollution in Hong kong in slowly increasing and is becoming more and more dangerous for the world.

How would you describe benefits of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples. *

I think my group mates and I started to relate different subjects and things that we learned in school together to create something better and new. We combined our knowledge from different aspects that we learned from school for example, we read our english poems over and over again to see which one would convey all of our perspectives well and continued to work from there.

What were the limitations of the interdisciplinary unit? Give specific examples… *

During the interdisciplinary unit, it took us quite a while to figure out what we were going to set our goals for since we didn’t where to start off first. We didn’t accomplish much in the first session because we didn’t know what to do with our ideas all over the places and sources coming from all different places.